Is your personal journal boring you to death?
There are many benefits that come from keeping a personal journal. According to the experts at Broadview University:
1. Journaling reduces stress by getting “monkey mind” thoughts out of your head. Mind chatter is a powerful stressor, stressor is a powerful health-buster, and journaling the chatter is a proven chatter-buster.
2. Writing about problems gives your right brain food for creative problem-solving. It’s amazing what happens when the creative part of your nature starts working on a problem—you’ll soon find solutions bubbling up from your subconscious.
3. Keeping a daily diary is one of the best techniques for discovering patterns, particularly those that are self-defeating. For example, a diary kept over the course of several months will clearly show any reoccurring difficulties like overeating, stress eating, poor (but similar) choices in relationships.
4. Want to better know yourself? Journal. Writing can help clarify your thoughts, your emotions, and your reactions to certain people or situations. In addition, as you read back through past journals, you’ll have ample evidence of the things that make you happy and those that are distressful.
5. Journaling can help clarify events, problems, or options. When you’re beset with a mind full of fuzzy, disconnected thoughts flitting here and there, writing about the event or issue will help bring focus and clarity. It will also help you decide on which action to take, or option to choose.
In addition to all the personal benefits of journal writing, keeping a journal or written record is also a way to link our present to the future. Your ancestors’ writings have helped you to know them on a more personal level. Make sure that what you leave as your own legacy for future generations helps them to know the real you.
For great ideas on how to make your journal more insightful and interesting, visit http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865593095/Genealogy-Record-your-day-in-creative-new-ways.html?pg=all
Looking for help with hard to find records or genealogical questions? Contact Heirlines Family History and Genealogy, breaking through family history walls for almost 40 years. We professionally identify and document ancestry and kinship relationships and verify and certify the family tree with Certified Family Trees™ and Certified Forensic Genealogy Solutions™. We’re ready when you’re ready!
Give us a call and speak with one of our professional genealogists today.
Call toll free 1-800-570-4049 or visit us at www.heirlines.com
This entry was posted by dwilliams on January 6, 2014 at 8:16 am, and is filed under Articles, Entertainment, General Information, Heirlines Professional Genealogy Tips, Odds and Ends, Uncategorized. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0.You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.